Helloooooo.. “It’s easy to be rich but difficult to be simple”. Long back one of my friends wrote a quote on his social media profile.
I do not agree with the first part but the second part of the quote seems very true. Let’s talk about some easy steps which can lead us to a simple living.
Before talking about how to make life simpler, why to make life simple?? That’s the question. Why should we do 10 things if this has no objective. I believe, the purpose of making life simpler is to have more time to spend with our own self, another important purpose is to decrease stress.
Some useful steps :-
- Know your priority : Prioritization is the first step towards a simple living, prioritization means finding what are the things that you must do, which will add value to your life. For example, if you are a student, your first priority is your study.
- Make a to do list :- After you get up in the morning, make a list of things you need to do during the rest of the day, minimize your to do list upto 4 or 5 things.
- Reduce your time with your phone : Cell phone has become the most important thing in our life, we spend hours (if not in one go but cumulatively we spend hours with it) on the phone doing things that hardly adds value to our life.
- Minimize watching TV : Since my childhood I have been watching the same kind of news, I guess you can also find similarity with my thoughts. One country attacking other, murder, rape, bank robbery blah blah. Better minimize the time of watching these things and utilize the time to spend with yourself. Of course you need to be concerned with world affairs, but this does not need hours of sitting in front of tv.
- Don’t give commitments if it’s not important : Try not to waste your time attending events that has no importance in your life and stop promising people that you’ll do what they want, learn to say NO.
- Minimize your contacts : We all have lots of contacts in our phones and social media profiles, only a few of those matters.
- Declutter your room : Get rid of unnecessary stuff in your room, make more space in your room and more simple. Pack old news papers, stuff that you do not use and put them in a box.
- Minimize buying habit : Stop buying things frequey, reuse the old things.
- Add a few things : Add some good habits in your daily routine, like morning walk or exercise, or reading a chapter of a book at night.
- Eat healthy but simple : Try to avoid sugar, oily and spicy food, fats and eat more healthier but simple foods. Minimize ordering food online.
- Use public transport : Having a car is good but it brings many things with it, like insurance, maintenance, fuel etc so take public transport wherever possible, this will give you more time to think about yourself and save money at the end of the month.
- Don’t add a lot of things in life : Try to add the things you love to do and which are more important than adding a lot of things, choose things bu quality not quantity.
Image Credit : Internet
For more such posts click here !!